This video lesson fully explains the concepts of Business Intelligence, OLAP, MDX and and how they apply to Excel 2013.
At http://ExcelCentral.com you can view over 850 free Excel video lessons just like this one. All in full HD with vari-speed and human-transcribed subtitles providing the perfect Excel learning environment. You can also track your progress through the course and print a certificate upon completion. Separate videos are provided for Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
The lesson begins with an explanation of OLAP and its purpose. You'll learn about OLAP Cubes and how they are divided into Dimensions, Measure and Hierarchies to create a multidimensional data structure. You'll also learn about how the MDX query language is used to extract values from OLAP cubes. This lesson also explains the concept of Business Intelligence and how it applies to OLAP.
This video comes from the Data Model, OLAP, MDX and BI session (Session 6 in our Excel 2013 Expert Skills free video training course). This session includes the following video lessons:
▪ Lesson 6-1: Understand primary and foreign keys (11m 27s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06010-understand-primary-key-foreign-key-relationships.html
▪ Lesson 6-2: Create a simple data model (6m 31s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06020-create-a-simple-data-model.html
▪ Lesson 6-3: Understand OLAP, MDX and Business Intelligence (10m 17s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06030-what-is-business-intelligence-and-an-olap-cube.html
▪ Lesson 6-4: Use the GETPIVOTDATA function (4m 31s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06040-use-the-getpivotdata-function.html
▪ Lesson 6-5: Use the CUBEVALUE function to query an OLAP cube (5m 40s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06050-use-the-cubevalue-function-to-query-an-olap-cube.html
▪ Lesson 6-6: Convert CUBEVALUE functions to include MDX expressions (5m 48s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06060-convert-cubevalue-functions-to-include-mdx-expressions.html
▪ Lesson 6-7: Understand OLAP pivot table limitations (10m 52s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06070-understand-olap-pivot-table-limitations.html
▪ Lesson 6-8: Create an asymmetric OLAP pivot table using Named Sets (4m 57s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06080-create-an-asymmetric-olap-pivot-table-using-named-sets.html
▪ Lesson 6-9: Understand many-to-many relationships (11m 5s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06090-understand-many-to-many-relationships.html
▪ Lesson 6-10: Create an OLAP pivot table using a many-to-many relationship (12m 47s) http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/lessons/06100-create-an-olap-pivot-table-using-a-many-to-many-relationship.html
You can watch any of the 850 Excel video lessons, free and without any required registration at http://excelcentral.com/excel2013/expert/tutorials/default.html.